FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where to deposit miles?
View Single Post
Old Dec 18, 2011, 10:43 pm
STelite

Programs: TK*S, KF Gold, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold
Where to deposit miles?

Making my first trip with Etihad next month in J (BKK-AUH-CMN, LHR-AUH-BKK), I'm reluctant to sign up for their FF program since I don't intend on flying them again so I was wondering where I can keep the miles?

I'm a member of TG, CZ and EK currently and I try to limit the number of FF accounts so I don't loose track of any miles.

I'm based in CAN and the bulk of my traveling takes me around Asia for which I use a combination of ST (CZ, etc) and *A (TG, SQ, etc). On occasion I go to the Middle east/Africa I fly EK since they fly into CAN. Europe/North and South America combination of ST and *A maybe once a year.

Booked with Etihad this trip because my company purchased a companion fare with a colleague based in BKK, the trip is working out to be US$2,600 round trip J out of BKK each person

Any thoughts as to what I should do with the miles? If I open a new account, what can I do with the miles since they don't fly to CAN or HKG (don't want to take them from any other port)? Can I redeem them on any of their partners based on my travel patterns that are in my region? How long are they valid?

Any ideas would be appreciated

Last edited by STelite; Dec 18, 2011 at 11:07 pm