FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Honors Gold status
View Single Post
Old Dec 18, 2011, 2:15 pm
Viper99

Honors Gold status

Hi,

The hilton card is confusing me, I've been a PC Platinum holder for about 3 years now and BA sent me a gold card in the post with Hilton so I'd decided to give it a whirl.

2 bookings made 1st one at Strathclyde Hilton where I slept on the floor ! There is an explanation for this, I have a disc that moves in my back so a good nights sleep is a little bit of a hard thing for me to get especially when the hotel ignore the booking and give me a single bed. Hence I spent the night sleeping on the floor. 2 nd booking again the confirmation came back with double room and on arrival at the Nottingham Hilton I ended up with a single room, I even flashed the gold card on checkin and was given a free gold card wifi code which I found out in the morning was for cable access and not wifi.

I must say that I use a 3rd party agent to book the rooms but always check with them and the loyalty program service centre that once booked they have booked a double room.

On both booking my request for a set room has been ignored, the card itself as far as I can see has no value on checkin just got a oh I'll take the number and I'm just wondering about the value of this loyalty program as you seem to have to stay quite a few nights even to get enough points for something like a Hampton inn.