FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary
Old Dec 17, 2011, 11:45 pm
ikonos

Programs: Curr Noob, Ex Road Warrior
Originally Posted by michael_v
I have never had a Barclays card and I applied today in my mini-app-o-rama, after being approved by Citi on the phone with app ID and Chase instantly. Barclay said it needed further review. When I checked my status it said:

We regret that we're unable to approve you for a credit card account due to the following reason(s):

In order for us to proceed with your application we need you to provide additional information. A letter requesting additional information has been sent to you via the mail. If we do not receive the information from you within 30 days of the date of that letter, your application will be considered withdrawn.

What can it be that they want?
I had the exact message earlier this week. It was my first ever credit card application with barclays and when I contacted them they indicated my SSN was issued 20 years after my DOB and that they would need additional documentation like a copy of passport or voter id card or green card etc. Pretty strange for a CC company to do such pseudo immigration check. I have not sent anything to them yet contemplating if I really want that card bad enough to send those docs to them or not. Any ideas out there?