FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Spanair - Comfort Option
View Single Post
Old Dec 16, 2011, 4:13 pm
gqterre

Spanair - Comfort Option

Hi, it's the first time I write here but I have a little problem but it looks like I came in the right place.

I'm an Italian student (sorry for my bad English) and I'll spend 6 months in Barcelona for doing my thesis work. So I have to carry a big peace of lagguage in the way that I can take with me the more things I can.
Searching for flights, I came across a Spanair one from Venice that it's really suitable for my dates and economic supplys. Looking among the fares the Spanair offers I found an interesting "Comfort Option". In the description of this option it's written that the lagguage allowance is incresed to 40kg (normally for just a traveler fare it's 23kg).
But I found in their FAQ that "regardless of the allowance, the maximum weight allowed for any single checked bag is 32 kg and no single bag should exceed this weight".

So I wonder: if I buy a traveler ticket with the comfort options, will I be allowed to carry two bags (totally weighting max 40kg) even if the traveler tariff provides just one piece of laggauge? Or the comfort options it's an exception to the 32kg rule, and than I'll have the possibility of carring just one piece of lagguage that weights max 40kg?

I hope someone could help me with the problem! Thanks a lot!!