FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barcelona for Christmas! Need suggestions for 24 and 25th
Old Dec 15, 2011, 8:19 am
Thor3

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by aterug
Hello!

My wife and I will be in Barcelona from Dec 22 to Dec 26th. Staying in the Gothic Quarter (hotel Denit).

We can probably manage to muddle through on the 22nd and 23rd with walking La Rambla, various Tapas Bars, maybe a tour or so.

What can we do on the 24th and 25th besides stocking up on food ? Can we go to Montserrat ? Is it open on 24th and 25th ? Hard to tell from the site as we don't speak Spanish. Would anyone recommend anything else in Barcelona to do ?

Thank you in advance for your help!

My wife and I were in BCN Dec 8th which was the start of their Christmas season. la Rambla was as crowded as the exit after a Bears Game. People watch is a great past time. we then caught a 9 day cruise and will be back in BCN Dec 17 for two days. find a grocery store and get a loaf of good bread, some cheese and meat plus a bottle of winner if you are afraid of not finding a place on the 24 or 25. not speaking Spanish was not a problem for us.

Enjoy the experience