FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Visiting HKG after 6 year hiatus--suggestions for xmas?
Old Dec 14, 2011, 9:14 am
mjpflyer

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Lifetime Platinum
Visiting HKG after 6 year hiatus--suggestions for xmas?

Hi,

I'm finally getting back to HKG after nearly six years between trips. Any suggestions for new attractions (I saw a similar but not identical question in a diff thread, that 360 attraction, but aside from the gondola ride, really, what's there??) or parts of the city to visit? Or areas of the new territories that are better equipped for tourists than they once were? (I once did a tour on my own of some of the monasteries, but they were totally not prepared for individual wanderers).

I posted this note because I had a few other questions, too:

*any special events or things going on next week/xmas day anyone would recommend? (I've plowed through what's on HKG tourism site, but am asking insiders here :-) )

*Any suggestions of where to eat near Causeway Bay (staying at Holiday Inn Express 3 nights) or in Kowloon (staying at the Regent, er, IC...you can see how many years I've been going to HKG by that slip). I had my favorites back in the day, but who knows what's still in business.

*Finally, any suggestions on where to shop for gadgets? I seem to recall Mongkok having the choice computer mall, followed by one in Wanchai, but six years is a long time. I'll be on the hunt for camera and tech gadgets.

Thanks!