FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Narrow Minds and Narrow Bodies - To Denver with the New United, Aer Lingus and FlyBe
Old Dec 12, 2011, 2:12 pm
Kevincm

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Part VI - A Walk around Denver

One Time Exception - A Walk Around Denver.
Price: $22 for bus to and from the airport

The photos

With basically one day to explore Denver, once again, efficient use of time is required. I jumped a shuttle from the hotel to the Airport, and paid the $11 premium bus service to Downtown.

Now I’d love to share some of the pics of going downtown, but the windows were a mess and the snow was making things fun. And yes, there was snow with a predicted daytime temp of -4 and a night time of -11. A bit chilly by my standards.

Upon arriving, I discovered that the main strip (16th Street Mall) has a free bus service that takes you up and down from Union Station to the near enough State Capitol Building and back again. Whilst in the morning I walked a lot, as the day progressed I cheated and used the shuttle in the afternoon. My legs were getting tired... and the cold was starting to bite...

Two forms of art

Cow Snowed in

State Capitol

Art museum

Cleaning up

For those of us who don’t drive (or refuse to drive for personal reasons), a warning: Denver is defiantly “car required city”, with some cabs off the 16th Street strip, but not as many as I’ve seen in other cities. So plan accordingly... or find a flunky who can drive for you

Last edited by Kevincm; Dec 12, 2011 at 3:01 pm