FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Worth spending 24 hrs in Rio for the Carnival?
Old Dec 12, 2011, 5:22 am
C010T3

Originally Posted by the1guy
- Get a cab from the airport and get to a beach (recommendations are most welcome). Hang out, take a nap, walk around, eat, whatever. Are there any public bathrooms/changing rooms on Rio beaches?
Public bathrooms/changing rooms?

No! There are collective showers not meant for nudity and toilets, but I have to warn you that they will be absolutely disgusting during Carnival, not to mention constantly packed.

Do not, but I mean, DO NOT take a nap at the beach under any circumstances! You will be alone, so there will be nobody to look after your belongings. Also, do not leave your belongings unattended, not even for a second.
Leave all your documents at an airport locker.

You should also take in consideration that you may get stuck in traffic at any given time during the day since many streets get blocked by the parades. Some street parades start in the early morning (8 AM or even 7 AM), so don't think that because you're arriving before noon, you'll have clear streets.

I'm not being pessimistic here. I'm just informing you about what happens. Going to the beach won't be the easiest task as you'll be alone. If you had a second person, it would be pretty easy, as you could alternate. Going to a street parade, on the other hand, is pretty easy, since you can keep all you belongings with yourself all the time.