FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The SWISS Business & First Class Menu Thread
Old Dec 6, 2011, 8:43 am
1kBill

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
A little late, but here's the Nov 28, 2011 ZRH-LAX menu in C.

Lunch
First Course
Balik salmon tartar with cream of wasabi. Balsamic baby onions
or
Pumpkin panna cotta, apple and porcini mushroom salad
Smoked dried venison with fresh fig

Seasonal salad with balsamic vinaigrette

Main Courses
Filet of beef with jus lie and horseradish potato puree, savoy cabbage with cream
or
Ragout of duck with hints of chocolate and orange
Polenta galette and Brussels sprouts
or
Sea bass fillet on lentil stew with carrots
Hoisin cream sauce
or
Sweet chestnut and pumpkin ratatouille, spinach tagliatelle

Cheese
Selection of Swiss cheese with pear bread

Dessert
Cholocate and coffee mousse with apricots
Banana and pistachio compote, ginger cream
or
fresh fruit

Swiss chocolates
Espresso, coffee and a selection of teas

Dine and Recline
A cold composition of starter, cheese and dessert to be enjoyed promptly after take-off, allowing you more time to sleep, work or simply relax and enjoy your flight.

Movie snack
Movenpick Ice cream

Galley snack

Light meal
A selection of delicious snacks will be served for you to enjoy before your arrival.[/QUOTE]

I was disappointed with the salmon. The taste was fine, but the tartar just did not work for me; just a mush of fish. (Food texture is very important to me.)

I had the sea bass with lentil stew and carrots, all of which were excellent. Didn't care for the hoisin sauce as I did not think it added anything.

People near me had the beef and the pumpkin ratatouille with tagliatelle. The beef looked over cooked (from a distance, though); the ratatouille looked disgusting.

Mid-flight ice cream cones are a great feature.

Totally do not remember the meal before landing.

One other thing: Does Swiss take meal choices by status? The attendants appeared hopping around the cabin asking people what they wanted. I got my first choice (*Gold, if it matters), but two people near me appeared to have not.