FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Minimum Connection time USA>CDG>Pau AF 2E 11am to 2G AF to Pau 12:45pm
Old Nov 29, 2011, 4:49 am
brunos
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by NickB
IIRC, for baggage, the agent does not need to access the e-ticket (the agent will want to see a printout copy of it but will not need to access it in the system). This would be different for the passenger BP but I assume that the poster will get his/her BP online.
I once could not check my bag through when flying from a minor Florida airport through Miami (where I was using an award for the international flight). But I did not insist because I felt safer to recheck my bags anyhow. And that was a few years ago.
I am still a bit surprised for security reasons. Would really the agent trust some printed material that can be easily faked, and send you bag on an international flight without checking that you are a pax on that flight? I know that bona fide pax could still choose not to board, so airlines have to check transfer bags anyhow. But I would assume that US agents would be over-risk averse rather than over-zealous.