FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Easter 2012 NYC Hotel
View Single Post
Old Nov 27, 2011, 9:28 am
Landing Gear

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by JohnDP

I would like to find a good hotel for 2 people (couple) for 4 nights around Easter 2012. I am looking for an original hotel, so preferrably no standard hotel chain room, at least not the very boring luxury type.
Strange; you named so many chains below.

Then again, I'd like to avoid the hipster boutique hotels with arrogant staff and noisy neighbours.
That's almost every place on your list.

(no, I am not interested in roses on the bed or sex toys for hour long marathons)
TMI!

I am ready to pay up to 600 USD including taxes and breakfast
Is that per night or for the entire stay????

and for that price I'd like luxury in sense of a comfortable room with a low noise level. Not absolute silence per se, but no sleep depriving nuisances if possible.
Quiet and Meatpacking District are an oxymoron.

The Setai Fifth Avenue and the Andaz Wall Street are not in my favourite area (Village/Meatpacking/Soho) but seem very nice: the Setai has a fabulous design, even in the cheapest room type and the Andaz seems to be a nice young place with acceptable prices.
The Andaz is on the corner of Wall and Water. That area is absolutely dead after 7:00 PM. In fact, even the Starbucks at 100 Wall closes at 8:00.

thank you very much for your long post, I can definitely vouch for the Park Hyatt in Zurich.
Funny, but with your requirements, I would have chosen the Baur au Lac, unless it has changed in recent years.