FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cheap bus travel between Ithaca and NYC
View Single Post
Old Nov 23, 2011, 8:35 am
Letitride3c

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)NYC-BGM mid-December $1.50 on Megabus. With BGM-ITH add-on, the NYC-ITH one-way $14.00.

No luck on the ITH-NYC return, all of the BGM-NYC trips are pricing at $41.00 (probably due to the end-of-semester exodus).
Nice, those are still bargain basement prices - I remembered paying way more than those on Greyhound back in the mid-70's when I was @ SUNY-B, Shortline was cheaper then but had to put up with local stops along Rt. 17 and even campus charter buses departing from the student union parking lot costed more. Gasoline was 39 cents a gallon & it took $5 to fill up the 72 Dodge Demon, ahhh ... must be getting old.

Now, if only Megabus would extend the route for that extra 75 to 90 minutes run up to Cornell at a "favorable" & competitive rate - maybe with continuation service to Syracuse & Buffalo ?? (haven't look at their routes lately since my frequently visiting niece (via MB) relocated back to SFO)