FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - El Al Food Service
View Single Post
Old Nov 16, 2011, 5:14 am
badatz

Programs: AA Platinum, LY Matmid
El Al Food Service

I just got back from a quick TLV-EWR-TLV in Y and was very disappointed with the food service. It seems that there has been a serious deterieration in quality and presentation.

For the outbound evening meal we were served sandwiches (choice of tuna or beef, but tuna ran out before they got to me). The beef was bathing in techina, which is not loved by all especially me and as the tuna was out, there was basically nothing to eat. There was also a small pudding served

Luckily the gentlemen next to me ordered the SKML which he didn't want and he gave it to me. It was a large long roll stuffed with a schwarma type meat which was so good that I asked the FA if another was available, which it was

At breakfast the omlette was paper thin and looked like it was prepared a year ago. Again the SKML was much better with a flufy omlette included.

On the way back the Regal SKML meals for dinner and breakfast again outshone the El Al meal and for some reason I lucked out with another passenger who was not hungry sitting next to me who gave me his meals.

Looks like I'll be ordering SKML from now on.