FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 777-300 ER mini-reviews
View Single Post
Old Nov 13, 2011, 3:40 pm
rajsbasi

Programs: United 1K, Alaska MVP 75K, HH Diamond
I too have nothing but praise for this product. Flew out in 26J LHR - LAX and 26E on the return leg LAX - LHR with the seat next to me empty on both legs. On the return back I was able to sleep for 5 hours across both seats quite comfortably! The middle seats are better in my view because of the armrest which is far bigger than the window side seats and also because of ease of access to the aisle.

The crew introduced themselves by name and shook passengers hands both just before taxi back and before landing which I thought was a wonderful personal touch.

Wine was plentiful both ways, the glass refreshed often and the food was of an exceptional standard and better than most US airlines business class offerings. The IFE was simply fantastic and one of the best out there IMO.

On the way out starter comprised of prawns and mozarella, tomato and basil, main was a choice of lamb, chicken tikka massalla and cod and desert was a trio of deserts. A a cheese and cracker plate was on the tray and warm bread was also served. Prior to landing fruit and a turkey wrap or spinach wrap were served together with a warm scone with the usual trimmings of jam and clotted cream.

On the return segment the starter was a beet salad with feta, main was a choice of braised beef, cod with a saffron sauce and a chicken breast stuffed with marscapone, desert was a lemon cheesecake and the same cheese and cracker plate was on tray as the outbound with hot bread served as well. Breakfast was a fruit plate, yoghurt and croissant and then an option of scrambled eggs with chives, bacon and tomato or waffles.

IMO Air New Zealand is definitely on to a winner with their pe product which surpasses others and I will as far as possible choose them on my trips to LAX.