FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA: LAX-ORD $177 ai (fare match/drop 1/31)
Old Nov 12, 2011, 1:13 pm
LoneTree

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by sdsearch
This is a thread about the MRs possible with this promo.

There's a much bigger and more thorough thread about the promo itself in the AA froum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...a-members.html

Your question (and all the questions about the promo being asked here) has been asked and answered there many times already. I thik there are even repostings of emails from AA CS in there. (Plus lots of background from previous similar AA promos which had similar policies even though similarly incomplete official T&Cs published.)

THe basic jist is xxx-LAX-ORD-zzz qqq-ORD-LAX-yyy qualifies. The flight has to be booked as a round-tirp, but it can be an open-jaw round trip (ie, xxx and yyy can be different, and zzz and qqq can be diffrent), but it must include the same doubling-qualifying flight in both directions, and only one pair of matching qualifying flights will earn double. Ie, you must match LAX-ORD with ORD-LAX, or SFO-ORD with ORD-SFO, or LAX-DFW with DFW-LAX, or SFO-DFW with DFW-LAX, but you can add airports at either end.
I know what the consensus is, I was just asking what this CSR said exactly. If what he said is true, then I shouldn't have to worry about my ORD-LAX-SFO with a SFO-ORD return. Based on what you just said it sounds like I shouldn't worry either.

I won't post any other questions in this thread.

Last edited by LoneTree; Nov 12, 2011 at 1:48 pm Reason: Clarification