FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Costco Travel Booking
View Single Post
Old Nov 11, 2011, 2:51 pm
Tenerife

Programs: Celebrity Elite Plus, RCCL Diamond, Princess Platinum, Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mikesteg
I agree with your point 100%, but who were you booking with that you couldn't check your online docs to verify no balance due? Even Carnival gets their docs updated more or less immediately (and you can't print the boarding pass until paid in full... at least with CCL.)
It is a Celebrity cruise, and we've done a lot of cruising with them (Elite members). Their online info ("My Celebrity") does not give the amount due if it has been booked (or transferred to) with another agency. It refers you to the booking agency for that information. And I wanted to avoid having the cabin canceled because the final payment had not been made (as has happened to several posters on CruiseCritic, with varying cruiselines) -- which is why I made the payment almost two weeks in advance of official final payment date. Although I had already entered the online info for printing the Express Boarding Pass, the docs could not yet be printed at that point (and it took a couple of days for the payment amount to appear on my credit card).
Just sayin'...