FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bad experience with OK (Czech) baggage handling
Old Nov 11, 2011, 2:25 pm
maarisk

Programs: BalticMiles, LH SEN, FlyingBlue
Thumbs down Bad experience with OK (Czech) baggage handling

Would like to share my recent and definately negative experience with Czech Airlines and checked-in baggage and actually warn to think twice about what to put in checked-in baggage and whether to check-in baggage with them.

On 30th of October on route RIX -> PRG -> LCA my checked in baggage was searched and what is the most funniest 3 packs of cigarettes were stolen from carton (bought on the way to airport) I put in baggage just prior arrival at the airport. I usually take cigarettes with me when traveling within legal limits as brand and type I like is not everywhere.

I have no dissapointment about stolen packs as they cost nothing, but about the fact that when at my residence in Cyprus I opened my baggage there was a mess with signs that something was searched and the fact that something was stolen. Now I have a question - if I fly with them, then maybe next time I will find out that suit, tie or my jeans are missing?

Never had such experience with other european carriers and lately I am flying a lot.

PS. Left complaint on the next day on their website and still have not received even applogies.

Last edited by maarisk; Nov 14, 2011 at 10:56 am