FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - customer service on Chinese airlines vs. Asian airlines
Old Nov 11, 2011, 1:40 am
coolfish1103

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by Santander
Disagree, as an East Asian myself I would rate CX service (including irrops handling) better than JL or MH. Perhaps there is slightly lower service to mainlanders or South Asians, but this is not limited to CX. I would be more inclined to say that our lighter-skinned friends get better service on CA.

I'll take the food on CZ international over UA any day.
To reference what you said:

JL will take an extra step towards Japanese passengers but offer relatively even products to all customers. Spending relatively more time towards a Japanese passenger when compared to other customers, but that does not mean other customers only get seconds of attention.

CX will downgrade your service if you are not Caucasian or speak Cantonese. Caucasian > Look nothing like Asian > Speak English > Speak Cantonese > Speak Other Languages including Mandarin. It gets worse depending on which cabin you are in, your status with CX and which kind of crew you get. HKG and LAX based Cantonese crews are the worst among all and HKG obviously has the most.

Have not seen MH do inferior services yet based on race or language spoken. Maybe they don't understand you but they will still try their best.
--
The only reason I had that bold typeface in the bottom is because I know there will be CX lovers questioning CX not in Tier 1. Not asking you to agree to them all cause it's my personal opinion.

I will take CZ catering (even domestic) > UA international any day as well.