FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 15: What motivates you to serve FlyerTalk?
Old Nov 9, 2011, 7:33 pm
jackal
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Many of you running for election are relatively new to Talkboard discussions. A handful of you are regular contributors. Where do you hang out on FlyerTalk? For those new to posting in this forum, what makes you interested in serving FlyerTalk?
As a TalkBoard member for the last year and a half and contributor to TalkBoard topics for well before that, I'll focus on the bolded part above.

The bulk of my posts has probably been in the following few forums:

• Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan (my home program and also the place I've met some of my best friends on FlyerTalk)
  • The various car rental forums (I have interest in and experience with this industry)
  • The Alaska destination forum (some of my longest and most detailed posts are here!)

If I list the forums I currently subscribe to in MyFlyerTalk, perhaps that will give you a little inside look at where my interests lie. (I am, of course, by no means restricted to just the following forums, but I do glance in these most often.)

MilesBuzz!
Mileage Run Deals
Mileage Run Discussion
Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan
American AAdvanage
United Mileage Plus
American Express Membership Rewards
Avis
Budget
Dollar
Hertz
National
Thrifty
Other Car Rental Programs/Partners
Amtrak Guest Rewards
TravelBuzz!
DiningBuzz!
Travel Technology
Travel Photography
Travel News
Travel Safety/Security
Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Budget Travel
European Rail Travel
Alaska
California
Los Angeles
San Francisco
New York City
West
CommunityBuzz!
Trip Reports
TalkBoard Topics
Technical Issues
Suggestions

I'm passionate about my home program and home state, and I enjoy sharing my expertise in the corner of the travel industry I have the most familiarity with. I also enjoy learning about and sharing my knowledge of other destinations I travel to frequently or have lived in the past. And as you can see from the list above, I also enjoy discussing things involving a technical side, such as travel technology and online travel agencies as well as technical discussion and suggestions involving bettering FlyerTalk.

And although the question seemed worded to ask this information of some of the newer TalkBoard candidates, I'll say that my primary interest in serving FlyerTalk is because I enjoy giving back to this community that has become such a key part of my life. FlyerTalk has become far more than a website I check a few times a day; it's become an entire way of life, whether it's because of the friendships I've developed here or the mindset I've adopted about travel. I want to ensure that FlyerTalk remains the leading place to discuss miles, points, and travel and continues to better itself by serving both the existing community and new members in the best way possible.

Last edited by jackal; Nov 9, 2011 at 10:15 pm