FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR or FRA to ICN in C class?
View Single Post
Old Nov 8, 2011, 12:45 am
Doug_1970

Programs: BMI DC Gold, BA Gold, LH SEN, Priority Club Platinum, Nectar purple
Originally Posted by YorkieFlyer
Friday and Monday is now the Quadrum Spangled Super duper seat LHR-ICN, I'm booked for a Saturday
I find that the quality of service on Asiana more than makes up for angled seats in business, although granted, given the choice I would select the lie flat.

Slightly OT, but a few weeks ago I flew IAD - LHR on UA in business, with the lie flat seats, then two days later flew Asiana to ICN with the angled seat. The short time between the flights just emphasised the difference in service quality, with the Asiana flight being far more enjoyable than the UA one.

Also, I flew back ICN - LHR on a Saturday and had the lie flat seat, so you might be lucky.

And to answer the op's original question - I personally doubt that OZ will be flying the A380 to LHR or FRA anytime soon. There is just too much availability on these routes to warrant the extra seats. If it was me, I'd just fly from whichever airport is the easiest one for you to get to, because if you're flying in OZ business, it's going to be good whichever aircraft or airport you go from.