FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Smooch of Chicago and a Kiss of DC - LHR-ORD-IAD-LHR with United
Old Nov 6, 2011, 2:51 pm
Kevincm

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Closing up.

Closing up.

I was expecting some changes. All I seem to get a feeling for was a “meh”, we’re here for your safety sort of trip as opposed to some of the United crews I’ve had in the past. And that is a disappointment if I’m honest. Or it’s not the United I remember from February. Which is a shame.

The 747-400 trip whilst fun, was a throwback to travel in the past. In the wrong way. Again, the little things matter... and it seems that United seem to not to care about the 747-400 on a comparatively short leg.

The Domestic 757-200 leg was good, with the crew doing a reasonably fast service, with the highlight of Chicago departure control sending the plane over the Windy City. It was appreciated.

The 777 service was the usual last plane of the night service. And god the food needs sorting at IAD - it’s getting worse each time I go through there. The 777 whilst not in the freshest of states was a great flight and I still prefer the 2-5-2 seating over the 3-3-3 seating arrangement.

Overall... a very forgettable trip with zero memorable things. Well. Except one memory that I got in DC...

Right, that’s your lot for this trip. But I’m still a few miles short of a party this year for re-qualification (even with the chaos going on at BMI with Diamond Club), so come back in December for one of the most nuttiest trips I’ve come with... and it’s a TATL with a Transcon.. So rejoin me in December for the end of year qualification run that I like to call “Narrow Minds and Narrow Bodies - Denver Bound”

Until then, Comments are Welcome, and I’ll see you on the flip-side!

Previous trip reports:
LHR-BRU-LHR ... or "How do you burn a £50 BMI voucher without too much pain?"
MAN-ORD on BMI (29/10 ... or Did Kevin Make it to ORD?)
Kevin goes for a little mileage run on UA - ORD/CHM/IAD/EWR/ORD
ORD-MAN in BMI Premium Economy (with Pictures)
Kevin’s American Adventure – MAN-ORD-SEA-ORD-MAN (4 flights, 2 weeks) in Y..
ORD - MAN in BMI Premium Economy: How hard can a PE product drop? (also random moans)
LHR-PHL-SEA, SEA-PHX-ORD, ORD-PHL-LHR - In Y, Come and be scared with US!
LHR-SFO-LHR - If you're going to San Francisco - SFO MegaDO Trip report
Gold Run - Mr Kevincm goes to Washington with EI and US
Long Haul Commuter Run - LHR-IAD-ORD and back with UA
Saying Goodbye to a Friend - Travelling for the wrong reasons - LHR-PHL with UA (Also on GhettoIFE.com - expanded)
The BA Y+/Y Class Long Haul Experience LHR-BKK/SIN-SYD and back on a bargain fare (Also on GhettoIFE.com -Expanded)
The Autumn Run - Mixing Business with Pleasure (C/F/Y adventures with UA and US) (Also on GhettoIFE.com -Expanded)
Long Way Home - The Spring Commute with UA and CO (Also on GhettoIFE.com - Expanded)
Atlanta or Bust (and Frankfurt too!) - (Also on GhettoIFE.com - Expanded)
Drinks in Belfast with the BMI Board with LCC’s - (Also on GhettoIFE.com - Expanded)
Kevin get’s a bit of Seoul - First and Business class with Asiana Airlines and Thai to Seoul and Hong Kong (Also on GhettoIFE.com - Expanded)
Mixed Classes and Infinite/Madness: The Autumn Run with United - LHR-ORD-LAS-LAX-SFO-DEN-LHR - Also on GhettoIFE.com - expanded
Gold Run 2: Blame Canada! It's Only A Mileage Run anyway! (To YVR with AC, CO, BD..) also on Also on GhettoIFE.com - expanded
Re-Creating a Photo - To New York with United, British Airways and BMI Baby (Also on GhettoIFE.com)
Going the Canadian Way: To Chicago with Air Canada (LHR-YYZ-ORD in Y) (also on GhettoIFE.com)
SEN for £129? SEN Status Match Run with Swiss and Helvetic. (also on GhettoIFE.com)
Multimodal Mayhem with Coaches, Ferries, Brussels Airlines and Air Canada

Last edited by Kevincm; Nov 6, 2011 at 5:29 pm