FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Early Returns on BMO Takeover: Utter Disaster
Old Nov 1, 2011, 9:57 pm
JIMCHI

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Early Returns on BMO Takeover: Utter Disaster

I tried to use my card in a restaurant this evening and to my embarrassment it was declined. I called DC Customer Service and the agent said it was declined because my card hadn't been activated. I told him my card is good for 3 more months and I've had the current card for at least several years and have made hundreds of charges to it. I asked if there is some record of a new card having been sent recently and he said "no".

I asked to be transferred to a supervisor who told me the card`was declined because of a glitch in the transition between Citibank and the new bank. She said new cards are being issued and that Citibank accidentally put a lock on the old cards. They thought they had fixed the glitch earlier today, but as my reject happened only about 30 minutes ago, obviously the glitch has not been corrected.

Just a warning- be sure to carry another card just in case there are further problems during this transition. My other card- an AMEX - was not accepted by this particular restaurant and fortunately my wife had a MC we could use.