FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please Help Me Be the Grand Prize Winner of the 2011 Road Warrior Competition
Old Nov 1, 2011, 11:30 am
nhg

Programs: AA EXP 3.8MM, 2012 AA Road Warrior
Please Help Me Be the Grand Prize Winner of the 2011 Road Warrior Competition

Flyertalker,

I am honored to be named as one of the five winners of this year's American Way Road Warrior Contest. I would be grateful if you take the time to vote for me (Neal Gottlieb - here's my entry: http://hub.aa.com/en/finalists?zonemode=topnav3) and think that you should for the following reasons:

A. I actually do fly a lot and will soon qualify for my third consecutive year as Executive Platinum. I will end the year with at least 126,000 EQM and likely more like 135,000.

B. Although I am an active reader of Flyertalk, I don't waste anybody's time running up my post count (except in this instance).

C. I am not claiming to be king of flying - just a guy who flies a lot and who can write some decent essays.

D. I too wonder why a contest about flying is called the Road Warrior Challenge.

E. I won't bore you with a sob story.

F. I'm not hideous and won't make your eyes bleed when you see me on the cover of American way. Nor am I George Clooney pretty, so you have no cause to hate me.

G. Once you recognize me and sit next to me on a flight, you'll probably end up with a coupon for a free pint of (really good) ice cream.

H. Once you recognize me for being on the cover and see me in the baggage claim with my coolers, you might end up with a pint of ice cream.

I. I'll do a full write up following the contest to share my experiences with the contest, photoshoot, being on the cover of American Way, et cetera if folks are interested.

J. I'm am the 99%. Ok, I don't actually know what that means. But it sounded better than saying I am the 1%.

K. If I win, you'll be able to recognize me and ask me to bring you into the Admirals Club with me.

L. I've never churned credit cards or ordered coins from the U.S. Mint. (Not that there's anything wrong with that)

M. I will donate some miles to a worthy cause if I win. Probably 100,000, maybe more. I am open to suggestions as to where to donate them.

N. I have served our great country as a Peace Corps Volunteer and volunteer for the U.S. Forest Service.

O. You can win 100,000 AA miles by voting.

P. I'm not above begging you to and am literally down on my knees typing this as I beg for your vote.

Here is the link to vote:

http://hub.aa.com/en/finalists?zonemode=topnav1

Thank you for your consideration!
Neal Gottlieb