FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Getting spending up without the Mint
View Single Post
Old Oct 30, 2011, 8:16 pm
AlohaDaveKennedy

Programs: Several dozen
Cardinals actually are the loss prevention, fraud examiners, auditors and etc. whose job it is to ferret out those using programs for purposes other than what was intended. Most companies have a few around.

Once the cardinals find you they will annotate your records and keep an eye on you. One false move and they will burn you at the stake for heresy.

The fun part of the game is that cardinals will never tell you why you attracted their attention and certainly would rather burn you at the stake than risk letting a heretic go free.

The (AMEX) Spanish Inquisition is designed to give you a chance to make a mistake and say anything that the cardinals will take as heresy. It is not a place to argue your case - the cardinals will bring in their independent witnesses (your IRS tax records direct from the IRS) and will not hear your pleas for mercy while being tortured.

That said, the only way to deal with a cardinal is to not look like a heretic.

For the Love of Brian, review the Book of Monty Python to learn more about the Cardinals and The Spanish Inquisition.

MM-I thought the Cardinals already burned you at the stake, so I take it you came back as a zombie?

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
carda non grata would mean you get no GCs (cards)
cardinals and fang refer to AMEX
and them kicking you out or ending your relationship. It happened to me and to others I know, and will eventually happen to everyone who THEY perceive as ordering too many. (But I ask: What is TOO MANY? especially if their own business GC web site rule states someone can get $75 in a single order!? And I had a business AMEX GC account but never even came close to ordering that many in a single order so whyyyyy?)

Last edited by AlohaDaveKennedy; Oct 30, 2011 at 8:23 pm