FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MAD - LAX route
Thread: MAD - LAX route
View Single Post
Old Oct 29, 2011, 2:22 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I take my own IFE - though Business Plus has it in armrest screens, I won't rely on it. As for surly service, Spain doesn't have much of a cultural value for slavish customer service, so most will not provide Sterling service unless one personalizes and initiates pleasantries.

OTOH, I was very surprised with really brilliant customer service provided by the luggage desk when our bags went missing, and an occasional employee - but ground staff are not empowered to handle problems, and some can even be surly (not more, IME, than many other airlines).

Paying for different services or seats - this a la carte pricing is insinuating itself to many airlines. We will see a rationalising of practices and pricing with AIG owning both Iberia and British Airways, IMO, much as we are seeing the rationalisation of their FFPs with the new Avios points.

In the end, I am paying for the immense convenience of LAX-MAD and decent connections as well as lower pricing in some instances, and will leave top notch entertainment and food to my ground plans.

Originally Posted by volvo99
The same A340 with no seatback IFE and a level of cabin service so surly it is renowned? What changed?
Originally Posted by flightpath844
Yes! What a change to fly directly to Spain from LAX! BUT was very disappointed because of NO IFE on backseats. And I hate their "pay for your exit row seat" policy...