FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - So THATS what I/O looks like
View Single Post
Old Oct 29, 2011, 4:09 am
eightblack
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by DUSFLYER
@ELITEGOLDTRAVELLER

Standing at around 180T Tier Miles current and two additional F Flights scheduled this year, getting another 85.000 Miles.
What you think how are the chances to reach I/O Status? (Joined 2008 Skywards and the last three years always gold with 100.000+ Miles p.a)

Also booked at the inaugural flight of the A380 from MUC-DXB on 25. November in F. So might get the chance to speak to the SVP of North Europe/ Germany Mr. Greiner and other representatives. Unfortunately only spending on my private expenses and not responsible for spending companies money at emirates.
How are the chances with 260.000 Tier Miles this year? Who is responsible for a I/O invitation, Brian Labelle / Skywards? Regional Manager? or Dubai CEO?
The criteria for I/O is a closely held formula. Like many other uber elite, invite only programs, selection is not always as a result of personal F/J revenue, but by how much influence you hold over a company's spend.

There was rumour running around that entry into I/O required 50 X F sectors and invitation was solely made by Tim Clarke's office. Not sure if that still holds true. You would assume that the first 250 were CEO, CIO, CFO etc level and people in the inner circle of the DXB corporate crowd...

There was also discussion mid-year that Skywards was looking to expand the I/O program, once it saw how the pilot rollout went and how they could ensure consistency of benefits globally.

I'm not sure total tier miles will be enough...