FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to the Wyndham Rewards Concierges!
Old Oct 28, 2011, 7:18 am
Wyndham Rewards
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I just realized recently (in the Rate Wyndham Rewards thread) that Wyndham Rewards points expire (no matter how recent your last activity was) after 4 years from being earned.

But I cannot find anything on the website that allows me to tell if that's coming up! (I can only see points activity back 18 months, which doesn't help to figure out if any poitns are close to 4 years old.)

By contrast, on the Choice Website (where points expire at the end of the year two years after you earn them), you can open up a statement that shows which points are expiring when.

I find it unreasonable for Wyndham Rewards to have points expire (with no way to avoid that) without anyone being able to tell when that will happen (with how many points).

In my case, I know I'm nowhere near 4 years, because until last year, I was transferring my points to airlines as soon as I got to 8000+. But now I've found that there are places in the world where only Wyndham Rewards hotels (and no other chains) exist that I might want to go in future years, and so I'm (slowly) saving up points. I'd hate to see my points vanish at some time in the future just becuse I wasn't aware of when 4 years was.

So I'm not asking when my current points expire, I'm asking whether Wyndham Rewards has any plan to make it possible for people to look up when their points will start expiring (or else a plan to change the expiration policy). Thanks.
Hello, We appreciate your feedback & are taking this into consideration. Thank you!