FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does Frontier EarlyReturns Provide for a Soft Landing?
Old Oct 26, 2011, 6:04 pm
Stumblefoot

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
If someone has Summit status and does not earn the necessary miles to either qualify for Summit or Ascent in the following year, will they drop to a Base member or "soft land" to Ascent?
I'll be in the same boat as you next year. I'm assuming we'll become a Base member.

I'm a perfect example of what can happen to a company's business when their systems are unable to provide an easy experience. I have encountered so many troubles with F9's website this year while booking travel, that when the site is down, or fails to process the reservation, it drives me to a competitor. Time is so precious and while I give F9 the first shot at my business, if the system doesn't work the first time, I'm off to a competitor to book my travel. I don't have time to waste, so while I could have easily been a Summit again in 2012, I ended up flying United and Southwest more than ever.

I really hope F9 is able to get their technical systems act together in 2012, because they really are my preferred airline.