FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Soft Landing?
Thread: Soft Landing?
View Single Post
Old Oct 25, 2011, 9:44 am
ixs

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by RichP
I currently have FB Plat (based in Spain) and with my last flight I reached 69350 miles for the year so far. The flights I had in mind for the rest of the year were not on Skyteam. If I can't change something to get the last 650 miles, is it possible that FB would allow me to re-qualify anyway (this will be my 6th year as plat), or will they drop me to Gold. If they won't "give" me the extra 650 miles to re-qualify, is there a non-flying way that I could earn them?
Short answer:
No, they will not allow you to requalify 650 miles short.
Yes, you will drop down to Gold.
No, there's not a non-flying way to earn the 650 miles.

Long answer:
They might invite you for Platinum but I wouldn't bet on it. There have been no announcements of lower thresholds been made this year. Unlike 2010.
The non-flying way how you could get 650 status miles would be the French AMEX credit card. Unfortunately for you, this card has basically been phased out and it's unlikely that you could apply for it in the three weeks it should still be available.

If you are interested in Platinum for the next year (which I would definitely be in your case due to Platinum For Live being a possibility) go on a milage run. Fly four cheap segments on Air Europe and you are good.