FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alitalia new business class on medium haul
Old Oct 24, 2011, 8:34 pm
rathin100

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Originally Posted by raistlin
Are we talking of the same experience were you were handed out food on a tray in an intercontinental Magnifica flight on the new A330? Just for my understanding

There is no crew rest on such short flights, obviously. It's an A321. Also, such aircraft have usually rather new and well maintained seating.

Which is what I - and bungler, it seems - doubt highly.

At FCO? Such as? Because it sounds like a service which needs to be contracted with the ground handling. I don't remember seeing separate buses for classes at any Italian airport,
but I may be mistaken, so help me with an example.
You seem to disbelieve anything anyone experiences that is contrary to your perception of Alitalia hence your repeated petulant point about my food experience or your refusal to believe ColinBrays experience wirth seats. I don't do this. Hence, I believe the OP as I find bad service on Alitalia quite common. The hard product has selectively improved but not much else .

On buses, I was referring to worldwide experience --best practice, actually, perhaps not something I should expect from Alitalia -- but I don't get your point. What is preventing Alitalia from contracting this service with
ground handling? The fact that it is separate is a matter of
bureaucracy/contracting. The fact that something dies not happen in any Italian airport should not pose an insuperable barrier to an airline with global pretensions

Last edited by rathin100; Oct 24, 2011 at 11:41 pm