FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rate Wyndham Rewards
View Single Post
Old Oct 24, 2011, 5:50 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by travelkid
T&C:
"8.Wyndham Rewards points expire four (4) years after being posted to the Member’s account, unless forfeited or cancelled earlier due to membership inactivity or otherwise in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. All issues regarding the value, redemption and expiration of airline miles and rail points will be governed by the terms and conditions then in effect for the applicable airline or rail rewards programs.
And how are we supposed to know how far back the oldest of our points are???

I can only get the WR website to show me the last 18 months of activity, and I can't get it to show me "xxx points expire on <date>", the way Choice Hotels does.

So I have no idea how far back my points date! I thus have no idea how close or far I am from having them expire!

I think it's pretty ridiculous to have a policy of unavoidable expiration after 4 years if there's no easy way to tell when your points are going to expire. While Choice has a tougher expiration period (2 to 2.999 years, on Dec 31), it's easy to find out when your points will expire on Choice's site and use them before you lose them.

My opinion of WyndhamRewards was higher 5 minutes ago, because I actually didn't realize until I read your post that they had this expiration policy while not having a way to figure out when your own points will start expiring. (It's obviously been less than 4 years since I started collecting points for eventual hotel redemptions, rather than dumping them into airlines as soon as I hit 8000+.)