FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 777-300 ER mini-reviews
View Single Post
Old Oct 24, 2011, 10:14 am
TL0413

Just recently got back from having flown PE from LHR to AKL via LAX. On the way out I had seat 27B and on the way back 22E.

I have nothing but praise for this product. I found the seats very comfortable and whilst legroom is still a little tight when fully reclined, I really did not find this a major issue - and I am 6' 2". The tilt seems pointless though.

The entertainment system was the best I have ever experienced with plenty of everything for all tastes.

Food was very good - my steak on the return leg being pink and very tender. It's a shame that the dessert comes with the starter but again, it's a minor gripe.

FA were fantastic - made me feel like I was really important to them. Really cannot fault anything - although a pre dinner drink would have been welcome. On all four legs drinks first offered only with the meal. Nice wine selection, by bottles, and refills a plenty.

Seat 27B meant swinging my legs round so my neighbour could get in and out. It was very tight but just about manageable. I purposely asked for an inner seat on the flight back so I would not be disturbed. The flight was only half full so I even got the prized front row seat - and no neighbour! As a result I managed eight hours sleep between AKL and LAX. A 10.30pm take off time helped for sure. One thing I noticed is that some people in the inner seats that also had no neighbour curled themselves around both seats facing inwards?

Transiting through LAX was easy as well. The transit loung was just a few feet from the plane where hot drinks and snacks were waiting for us. There was a more comfortable area for business passengers. As soon as the customs officers came in, we were called up 10 at a time and the whole process, including queuing, took about 5 minutes. First back on the plane after about 1 hour 30 minutes and off we went. All the horror stories I had read about transiting through LAX proved unfounded - unless things have changed of late.

All in all I am a very satisfied customer....