FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One day in NYC with a 4yo. What to do? Best pizza and deli?
Old Oct 24, 2011, 8:01 am
swag
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by LAChargers
Thanks for the help. I didn't have internet access so we went to Carnegie's deli at the recommendation of the hotel. I had red about Stage also and we walked past it but saw the line at Carnegie's and waited about 15 minutes to get seated. We shared a Reuben for $27 which seemed a little pricey but it wasn't bad.
Originally Posted by Blumie
Now there's an understatement. Even us NYers would consider that absurdly expensive, even given the quantity of food the Carnegie serves.
It's been too long ( ~5 years?) since I've been to Carnegie, so I was curious enough to look for a menu.

http://www.carnegiedeli.com/menu.php

Base corned beef sandwich is $16, reasonable if it's still as overstuffed as I remember. The Woody Allen (super-stuffed corned beef & pastrami) is $19. The "gargantuan combo" sandwiches (including the reuben) are mostly $24.

All of these have a $3 charge for sharing, so yeah, there's $27. Add on tax and tip and you've got a $35 sandwich. (That's worth every penny, IMO).

Originally Posted by LAChargers
We may do Johns pizza for dinner.
You're still hungry???