FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MAD - LAX route
Thread: MAD - LAX route
View Single Post
Old Oct 20, 2011, 1:54 pm
Ready2Go

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by spainfly
But another story is, taht it absolut impossible, online, to find a possibility, with points for business from MAD to USA. I did not only try LAX, also ORD, JFK, BOS, MIA and DFW with AA.

Hopefully with calling the Gold-CC they will help, but have not a lot of hope.

Had anyone luck in the past with booking this?
In September we flew both BOS-MAD and MAD-LAX in Business Plus using AA miles (two pax each way). I was really impressed by both the hard product and the service, and of course MAD is a wonderful airport. And no ridiculous BA copays!

I booked each of our tickets just a couple of days before departure, and we traveled on our first choice of dates. In each case I had been monitoring availability, and I know that the seats had not been available until the day I booked. I suspect that they hold most or all of the cabin for potential revenue pax until relatively late. The good news is that unlike some airlines, they do seem very willing to release their unsold seats for last-minute award booking.

This may not help those who must nail down their travel details far in advance, but those with the flexibility to book at the last minute (and/or to book a one-way outbound before booking the return) may do very well.