FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does shopandearn.com.au ever work?
View Single Post
Old Oct 19, 2011, 5:46 pm
Virgin Australia
Company Representative - Virgin Australia

Programs: Velocity Frequent Flyer
Originally Posted by Kremmen
Thanks for that.

And it could have all ended amicably at that point, but you decided to add this ...

Oh, yeah, that's as helpful as the proverbial fart in a spacesuit.

It may come as a shock but, no, an attempt to blame the customer for your system's faults is not helpful.

I've used the equivalent shopping sites for a number of overseas airlines and Virgin Australia's is by far the worst I've ever come across. I don't know why you keep telling me to ensure cookies are enabled. I haven't turned cookies off. Many sites don't work at all without cookies, including all the other purchase tracking sites I've used successfully in the past. You might just as usefully tell me to breathe air.

The procedure for making claims when your system/ebay don't do it automatically is abysmal. Having to make such requests to your general email means we get replies from anonymous, untraceable agents, who make conflicting requests which waste their own time and ours. They have wasted more of my time, and their own, than the points are worth. The only helpful further comment you could have made would have been to report that you were fixing any of these issues.
No blame intended, but as I'm sure many other people will read this thread there is no harm in reiterating what needs to be done for points to be tracked by us and our partners.

We are always looking at ways of making processes better, so rest assured your words have been taken on board.