FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Enterprise Proof of Insurance Requirement
Old Oct 12, 2011, 9:39 am
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ucfjoe
I completely understand the reason in which you, especially as a smaller operator, would want to verify insurance.

However, in this instance I am a somewhat regular customer with Enterprise who has rented from this specific location 15-20 times alone. If this is a well documented policy then I understand that is their business' right to make the request but I have been unable to find where this is written policy. I just about always decline the rental companies insurance and have never been asked for proof of insurance in the 200 ish times I have rented a car.

I think that you are probably right in that this was a thinly veiled attempt to get me to buy their insurance.
In your circumstances I can see why you were so annoyed. A customer with an established relationship should, in my opinion, be given only a token attempt at a sales pitch "going to use your insurance today? Ok, decline here". Sadly, with Enterprise you'll never find consistency. Employees come and go and the only way to move up is to sell, sell, sell so you probably got one of the over-eager ones. But of course, you probably know all of this.