FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Third time's the charm- CX F from HKG-YYZ (Lots of detail and pics)
Old Oct 7, 2011, 9:20 am
b-kpf

Programs: Marco Polo Club
Boarding and In-flight Part 1

4:45pm

Ughhh... I hate the mandatory calls that I always have to make before a flight.

“Hello? Ngo fei la."
"Ha lei fei la?"
"Hai ah."
"Gei si fan ah?"
"Ha leen fan lor."
"Orrr gum lei siu sum di la."
"Duc la."
"Ho la gum chi di geen la."
"Ng."
"Bye bye."
*click*

(and for those not as professionally trained in the art of Chinglish - "Hello? I’m flying. Huh? You’re flying already? Yes. So when are you back? Next year… Oh okay then be safe!. Ok. So I’ll see you soon? Ok, bye")

Having a total of 11 aunts and uncles doesn’t help the cause either. I manage to finish my last one (with who? Yup you guessed it, my mom) just as I was stepping on the plane.

Self thought: Oh. Did the captain take my seat? Great, now where am I getting placed. I hope not 2D…
“My apologies Miss b-kpf, let me move that for you. Welcome aboard. Can I take your jacket and hang it for you?”
“Sure. Thank you.”
“No Problem. “

I took a look around to see whom I would be travelling with today, something I always like to do before a flight. However, a question immediately popped into my head. “Where is everyone else?” Then a million more. “Wait I didn't check the loads, but can it be?” “No it can’t be, can it?” “But this is the busiest time of the year in terms of loads!!??” “We’re not done boarding yet right?”…. ……….

5:00pm
“Ground crew, please leave the aircraft as we are about to close the cabin doors”. It’s come true. What one desires most on an intl F flight. I had the cabin to myself! I couldn’t believe my luck. It’s mine. ALL MINE *cue evil music*

Bye bye HK!

On a side note: you can see why CX desperately needs to scrap F on this route. With all the students and families traveling at the end of the summer, I had predicted this to be a 100% loaded flight. However, with 1/6 in F and half of J looking like it was op-uped students, I can’t see how keeping F on this route would be financially viable for the company. Have to say that as much as I hate it, they made the right choice to introduce Y+ on this route, and as a result, scrap F.

5:10pm
Along with my ginger ale, Y (pseudonym), one of the two flight attendants that served me throughout the flight, presented me with my kit and pajamas. “Did you want to change into your pajamas or did you want to wait until later?” I tell her I’ll change in a bit. “Certainly,” she replies, as she heads off to tend to the rest of her business. Having nothing to do, I pulled out my camera and snapped a few shots from my seat.

5:20pm
We’re approaching the end of the taxiway for 07R. At this point, I decided that I would change my seat from 2A to 2K in hopes of catching a glimpse of the HK skyline as we exit HK airspace. As I walked past Y who was now buckled into her seat, she gave me a curious look, but once she knew of my plans, she smiled and nodded. As I would later find out, the views weren’t great due to all the smog, but I made a good decision.

Passing over Disneyland

The Hong Kong Smogline

A little better

5:40pm.
Takeoff was uneventful, and shortly after, B (my other flight attendant for today), came over to my seat, presented to me the menus for today. “Feel free to have a look at the menu, Miss b-kpf. Did you have an idea of when you would like dinner?”
I tell him that I didn’t want to eat till a bit later, around 8 oclock, so he proceeds to tell me that he’ll take my order later, and I can just relax for now.

I didn’t know what to do with myself! I had all this space, all this time, and two flight attendants at my beck and call (gee, how spoiled do I sound?). I decided that I’d take out my camera, and just snap like a mad woman… That was until B and Y decided to peek through the curtain to see what I was doing, and found me standing on top of the ottoman in 1K to take a picture of the cabin. Oops. I tried my best to convince them that I was actually a normal person by commenting how nice the cloudscapes were outside . That didn’t really work out.

The last shot until I was discovered

6:20pm
So after a few more shots of the clouds (I had to continue my act of being normal You'll get to see the pictures later as well), I decided to head back to 2A to see what studio CX had to offer. At this time, B came over to take my order. After that was done, I settled in to watch Pirates of the Caribbean (I had no time to watch it when it came out in theatres, but was glad that I didn’t as I hardly have anything positive to say about the movie).

7:00pm
Feeling somewhat bored of the movie already, I wanted to get up to do something else, but the first bump came, and another, and another, and then the seatbelt sign goes on. Darn. Oh well, time for more photos.

7:20pm
With the seatbelt sign off, I decided check on a good friend that was also travelling today, but in 12A. I was going to rub it in a little, and tell him that I was in an empty cabin (yes, I’m not the kindest person you’ll meet ). However, I thought of how MISERABLE he must in J and decided to sneak a glass of Krug for him to numb the pain.

8:00pm
After thoroughly interrupting my friend’s dinner, B peeked through the curtain and told me that my dinner was ready. He proceeded to set the table as I settled into my seat.

Last edited by b-kpf; Oct 12, 2011 at 10:33 am