FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does shopandearn.com.au ever work?
View Single Post
Old Oct 5, 2011, 11:37 pm
Kremmen

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Does shopandearn.com.au ever work?

A few months ago, I decided to make some ebay purchases through Virgin's shopping portal and see how it goes. I've used those kind of sites many times when in the USA to earn extra credit on AA, UA, etc, and seldom have a problem. They always have a dedicated email or web form to report ones that don't go through.

Virgin's site appears to be worse than useless. None of my purchases ever credited. I tried following up and it's a total pain. No web form for the information that they need. No dedicated email to enquire to either. I reported the problem and was asked to provide details, including "(email confirmation) for the above", so I did.

3 weeks later (!), they emailed back: "To assist us with this process could you please forward the "Proof or Purchase' in PDF or JPEG format, as the text format which you have sent to us earlier was unable to provide us with the required details." Inane. They asked for email confirmation in the first place and those never come in PDF or JPEG format! It's just text/HTML. Anyhow, I went onto ebay.com.au, screen-captured the proof of purchase and emailed it to them. That was almost 3 months ago. No reply and no points credited.

Does this site ever work properly? Is there some other email address to contact, as [email protected] clearly have no clue?