FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC The Palazzo Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Oct 3, 2011, 2:20 am
Sydfly

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Prestige vs VIP lounge

Originally Posted by rfrost
They had fruit, tea sandwiches, and pastries out when I was there. Coffee, iced tea and lemonade as well. I gather one can ask for alcoholic beverages, although I didn't.
I was under the impression that the Venetian would upgrade RAs to have Prestige lounge access. Re-reading the previous pages it sounds like they make you buy Prestige access even as RA?

Has anyone asked to be upgraded to the Club (Prestige) instead of getting the room upgrade? Don't we have a choice as RAs? I'd rather have Prestige access than a "view" upgrade which to me isn't really worth it if I can see the strip from the lounge.

Also, would someone be able to explain to me the difference between the VIP lounge (which RA's apparently have access to) and the Prestige lounge? Is there still breakfast served in the VIP lounge and they seem to have drinks there as well during the day?

Last time I stayed on the Prestige level they had a small breakfast selection with fruit, cereal, danishes etc and I think at night time they had some snacks...can't remember whether there was free alcohol or not. Is that similar to what you get in the VIP lounge or is this more like a special conciergy desk?