FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge access for minor with status
View Single Post
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:09 am
ACA321

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by tinchote
And don't get me started with these laws, which are a big reason why kids get into alcohol. What these laws get is that every 19-year-old birthday party consists of a multi-bar binge-drinking
+1! I'm thankful for my European upbringing that made no bones out of alcohol in the home. It spared me the need to binge when I became of age and taught me how to be responsible with it.

Excellent letter jlisi984! Please do let us know of the outcome. The situation is ridiculous, and lacks common sense. I too am a musician who travels all the time for a living. However, now that I'm in my 30s I find getting carded in any way a complement I can see your frustration, and if I'm ever able to help you out in the lounge situation I'll do whatever I can.

My 60-year-old pianist recently got asked for ID as he only APPROACHED the bar in a UA RCC in ORD. What he wanted to order? A ginger ale, and no alcohol whatsoever. The stickler employee claimed he was "just following the rules and he could lose his job if he didn't". Again, it's the lawmakers I fault for lack of common sense, not so much the employees (although some take following the rules to ridiculous extremes!).

Best of luck to you my friend!