FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CAMBODIA: The Ponheary Ly Foundation
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2011, 2:49 pm
hiyo

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
I leave in three weeks for Cambodia. There are three of us traveling, and we each have checked baggage allowance of 2x50lb on OZ. As our personal gear can be accommodated in our carry-ons, we are using our baggage allowance (300lb) to bring supplies to the PLF.

We have about 150lb now. There are some specifically requested school supplies, amenity kits and hotel toiletries, children's clothes, thumb drives, washboards, etc. (I love that we are bringing thumb drives and washboards!)

If anyone in the San Diego area would care to look at the Ponheary Ly Foundation Wishlist on Amazon and make a purchase from it, we will carry it to Cambodia. Contact me and I will arrange local pick-up (or you can have it delivered to me). Many school supplies are easily purchased there, and the children's clothes need to meet certain requirements, so please PM me to see if what you are considering is appropriate. We could use some old luggage in which to carry the items, too. Any luggage donated is on a one-way trip to Cambodia.

EDIT: Suggested cutoff date (thanks SanDiego1K) for ordering is September 29 as I leave on October 13. That's two weeks for delivery and packing.

Last edited by hiyo; Sep 20, 2011 at 4:17 pm Reason: Added an ordering cutoff date