FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official Invitation to UA Family Day at SFO MOC 9 Oct 2011 [REGISTRATION CLOSED]
Old Sep 20, 2011, 1:45 pm
tuolumne

to anybody actually going, dont forget to bring cash for UA branded shirts and other merchandse. Mugs, stuffed dolls, pens, models, etc. i got a nice green shirt with all UA's historical logos last year for $10 i believe. ive worn it a few times while flying, and its been an absolute hit around the system. Also, UA was giving out free wall posters of their watercolor illusttations of worldwide destinations think I got BKK and SYD.There was lots of tullip/old brand merchandise last year I swooped up.

anyone know if the the a320 pulling competition still going to be held this year? Also, the 744 emergency slide deployment is an interesting slight. And dont forget, this is fleet week, so the Blue Angels take off from SFO and give autographs to anybody who wants them. Last years setup was the engine shop, the main hanger which had all the merchdise and vendor tables (Airbus/Boeing have some awesome freebie posters), then outside there was a CO new livery 738 (with CO employees who were absolutely pissed they had to stand there in the plane all day hearding lice through), a parked PS 757, a 744 that had both cockpit and cabin tours (which was leaving that night for SYD), an airbus, and a 3 cabin 777 (no tours). They also had a tullip 744 do a low flyby over the bay (landing gear up). And of course, many departures roaring overhead throughout.

I've been attenting this event way back when it was held at UA's former maintience base at OAK. Its definitely well worth it to come! Last year I started a conversation with a man from one of the engine shop tables who just ultimately happened to be Jim Keenan, SVP Maintience UA. After everybody was nearly gone he even gave me a private one on one tour of the engine shop...utterly amazing.

Smisek was also there, but that was less interesting...gave his uninspired stump speech hitting on his regular talking point he always gives (clean, safe, reliable air transportation, great customer service, and a broad choice of destinations & flights).

Last edited by tuolumne; Sep 20, 2011 at 4:12 pm