FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAN one-way redemption?
View Single Post
Old Sep 18, 2011, 9:50 pm
3544quebec

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
How do you book a multi city itinerary online?
I thought somebody might ask that and I'll answer only because of your rabid advocacy of a separate LAN forum

1) Go to lan.com and login (It works on the US and Chile sites and I assume on all the others)
2)Go to kilometer redemption and put in a roundtrip search eg GYE-GPS and dates that you know have availability for the flights you really want based on a regular RT search.
3)You will get the page with the grid showing how many kms it is for thsi return itinerary for 1 week around your search date.Click on nContinue
4)That will take you to a page with the individual flight availability for the days you chose:
5)Go up to the URL:

https://ssl.lan.com/cgi-bin/cobro_pr...os_interfaz=2&from_city2=GPS&to_city2=GYE&tipo_paso1=normal&from_city1=GYE&fecha1_dia=11&fe cha1_anomes=2012-02&to_city1=GPS&fecha2_dia=19&fecha2_anomes=2012-02&cabina=Y&nadults=1&nchildren=0&ninfants=0&submi tButton=Continue

6)Where you have from_city2=GPS change the GPS to SCY and press enter

edit: the airport code must be uppercase or you will get an error UIO not uio
edit:sometimes you need to think outside the box. The URL does not like the airport code AEP (not sure about EZE) but will return results if you type in BUE.There may be other examples

7)And that will take you to flight availability for your open-jaw itinerary and you can continue as normal for booking an award

I think that it will only work for 2 leg itineraries but I've booked a SYD-UIO//GRU-SYD online using this.

Note I take no credit for this discovery-someone far more intelligent than me has posted it previously

Edit:Information from a subsequent post that is relevant to the issue of booking a 2 leg itinerary other than a simple round-trip on lan.com

Seems to be somewhat more complex than I thought and I haven't quite worked out the exact parameters it allows. There does seem to have to be some zonal link between the two segments - specifically the arrival point of the 1st segment and the departure point of the 2nd.

eg it allows 2 separate open jaws
GYE-GPS//UIO-MIA is OK but doesn't allow GYE-GPS//MIA-UIO.
LIM-LAX//MIA-UIO is OK - both segments are the same zone for awards
Similarly UIO-MIA//MEX-LIM will ticket

My best guess is that an itinerary GYE-GPS/AEP-IGR is not allowed because the 1st segment is a Domestic Ecuador Award and the 2nd segment then has to commence from a port within that award level. It doesn't have to be a Domestic Ecuador Segment (eg can be UIO-SCL-IGR )but it has to commence from GPS/SCY/UIO/CUE

Last edited by 3544quebec; Sep 20, 2011 at 8:50 pm Reason: Extra info from another post relevant to the topic