FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Regent, Radisson, Park Plaza, Country Inns&Suites, Park Inn - Reviews
Old Sep 17, 2011, 6:58 pm
yaromac

Programs: HH: Diamond, WofH: Globalist, UA: 1k, Longterm member only post when I have something new to ask/say
Radisson Blue Waterfront, Stockholm

As a Diamond member with Hyatt, which has almost no presence in Scandinavia, and Hilton, which does but where the offerings tend not to be of uniformly high quality, I had stayed a single night in a Radisson Blu in Oslo, and been impressed. So when I needed to spend a week in Stockholm, I decided to try the Radisson again. I made a one-night reservation at the Radisson Blu Waterfront, sent a copy of my Hyatt and Hilton cards, and asked about an upgrade and a room for the week at the same rate (which was very similar to the rate being offered at the Hilton, Slussen). (I also sent an email to their Carlton club, and was offered a status match to gold). The front desk manager at the Radisson emailed me back almost immediately and offered a Business Class upgrade for the week. From check in to check out, my stay was close to perfect and I’m ready to switch my loyalty. My profile at Hilton and Hyatt specifies that I prefer to be assigned a quiet room, far from the elevator, on a high floor. At least half the time this doesn’t happen, and as we all know, Diamond benefits sometimes need to be explained to the staff at check-in at both chains. However, at Radisson, without even asking, I received a quiet and tranquil room, with a stellar view, on the top floor, far from the elevators. I received the Carlton Gold fruit and water. I was recognized at breakfast each morning and offered my eggs the same way I had requested them the previous day. The front desk staff went out of their way to help me with a document I needed printed so that I could then sign it, and then scanned and emailed it for me, as well as being consistently extremely friendly and helpful with directions, maps and so on, regardless of the time of day or night. Twice I asked for things to be sent to my room (sugar etc.) and each time they appeared within about two minutes of me asking for them, brought up by the front desk staff themselves. On the single occasion when there was a problem with the heating in my room (no heat, odd noise), their 100% satisfaction policy was explained by the very apologetic front desk staff member, who personally brought up extra blankets and checked the system. The issue was resolved as soon as possible the next morning by them sending up their engineer as soon as I was ready (like all the staff, prompt, friendly, perfect English, efficient), and then by switching me to an equally lovely room immediately (giving me, without me needing to ask for it, a choice of rooms to make sure I was still happy with the view). Room service was never too early, nor too noisy and did an excellent job for seven days straight without ever missing anything. In other words, the service at this hotel was more exceptional than at world-famous landmark hotels I have stayed in at the two chains where I am Diamond, including the Park Hyatt Paris-Vendome and the Conrad Hilton in Tokyo. It was warm, efficient, and, well, flawless in every respect. The rooms are beautifully designed, in an understated, modern but very comfortable and practical, Scandic style. Service in the bar was friendly, and the surroundings tranquil. The small health club was always well stocked with towels, fruit and water, and spotlessly clean like everywhere else in this hotel. The next to Centralen Station location cannot be beaten. This particular Radisson will now always be my go-to choice in Stockholm, and when my Carlton Gold membership comes through, I will be trying the other options in this chain. Flyertalkers, I can’t recommend the Radisson Blu Waterfront, Stockholm more highly. Give it a try. (It's a new hotel, and has already made it to #2 position on tripadvisor).