FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MIA - Do I need to clear security coming from ST. Thomas
Old Sep 17, 2011, 4:33 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Sounds like you fly with our respected Captain Morgan. Though they could technically ask for a customs check, you don't have to worry as long as you're within the five liter limit if the state laws do not further restrict to less than that (though I have never seen a Florida official checking for that).

USCBP: "If you buy five liters of alcohol in - say - the U.S. Virgin Islands (USVI), and one of them is the product of the USVI, then you would have reached your duty-free limit. Any additional purchases made on board in a duty-free shop would be subject to CBP duty and IRS tax."

(USCBP) Bringing alcohol from U.S. insular possessions into the U.S. (U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, or Guam) <link>

N.B. As this does not pertain strictly to a particular airline it will most likely relocate to the appropriate Forum.

Originally Posted by Scubatooth
Last time I did as i picked up the max allowed number of bottles post security as i have a set up for my rollaboard where i can store a case and have every bottle protected. I have filled out the form as i keep copies but never had to turn it in since its a pure domestic leg.