FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Uninvited guest had a key to my room / I was given a key to an occupied room
Old Sep 13, 2011, 9:59 am
WineAGcom

Programs: SPG Plat, MAR Lifetime Plat, UAMM, AA3MM
Originally Posted by mecabq
Here is where I disagree. Indeed, "nothing bad happened so let it go." Yes, this is an unfortunate mistake, but, seriously, what is the probability that anything really adverse would come from such a case? And why is everyone's first inclination whenever a service provider makes a mistake to pull out the "compensation" card?
No question that too many people LOOK for ways to finagle stuff from service providers... the one I despise the most are those who pretend to threaten to leave a credit card company for the sole purpose of trying to pry some points/ miles or waive the annual fee... agreed. This is different. This is a major violation of a person's personal space and should be treated as a serious matter... and I feel a service provider should offer something of value when they screw up. Otherwise, what incentive do they have to clean up their act? It's a tangible way of showing they mean it when they say they're sorry.

Picture yourself sleeping in your hotel room and opening your eyes... there's a person standing in front of you. Isn't that enough to scare the living daylights out of you... even if the person was Mother Theresa?

The hotel should make a nice gesture to the guest in this case... that's all I'm saying.