FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - two pilots fired !!
View Single Post
Old Jul 8, 2001, 9:15 am
fakecd

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
I am not very familiar with the 3 year plan they signed 2 years ago, but if this is true that the pilots have really violated the agreement, I would agree that there is a problem.

Well, but on the other hand, wouldn't any workers use their authority/power as a "dirty tool" when they have strike or industrial action to get what they want? For example (sorry for being off topic) in Vancouver, the public transit workers have already walked out of the job for more than 95 days! !! Now, where's the rights of Vancouver citizen and many tourists disappeared to?

I can't agree more on the point that CX pilots have excessive power, and HK government might want to seek a more permanant solution to this chronic problem with aviation industry. I also agree that they are being greedy but it's also their labor right.

This issue is too controversal to be debated in my eyes, and I do not want to sound like I'm having an argument with anybody here, so let me take a more neutral stance as of now. But I hope I have expressed my thoughts in a clear manner to get my idea across

cheers*

[This message has been edited by fakecd (edited 07-08-2001).]