FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Holiday Inn Resort Bali Baruna (Master Thread)
Old Sep 9, 2011, 9:38 am
binman

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Just had 7 nights here in two rooms one for kids and one for my wife and I. Paid for one room and used points for the other. Got connecting rooms and like others have said found them very small and the bathrooms tiny.

Yes there was a smell but it went within minutes of turning on the aircon.

The large chair needs to be lost!!

I was rather unhappy with the offer a free newspaper as my platinum card benefit which I thought insulting. We then had a problem with our room and I was both surprised and delighted by how they dealt with it. The issue was fixed immeditely it was drawn to the duty managers attention but then he appeared and upgarded us to a family suite. In truth there was no great difference in room sizes but it was a nice touch.
WiFi is expensive but here is a tip....It's free for the price of a drink in Envy...PM me for details.
The staff are young enthusiastic and put up with a lot from the Aussie hoards who are in Bali now. The $aussie is so strong that it is very very cheap but many of tourists have not left home before, never mind left the country. Loud, drunk, obnoxious individuals I can get anywhere and was genuinely dissapointed to find so many in the Holiday Inn.
I would go back to the HI but after several years of going to Bali I think it is time to go elsewhere. Beautiful and charming as it is, the infrastructure is at breaking point and mass tourism is likely to destroy parts of the Island very soon. Kuta in particualr is a smelly dump