FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Safety record for Air China
View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 2001, 8:25 pm
pegasus8228

Programs: AA EXPLT, BA Gold, Shang Elite
let me share a couple of my experiences

1. i was stuck in beijing due to a typhoon in the destination (HKG) in 1997, we (about 20 people in C & F classes) were bused (with the Y crowd, in an antique bus) to a no star hotel (i mean NO star, called Beiwan, see if you can find it on any map) for the night. as soon as we arrived after the bus nagivated in tho narrow alleys, we decided to leave. we cannot find taxi, so we each tip teh bus driver 10 Yuan to get us to Sheraton Great Wall. When we tried to check in, the sympathetic staff said, "i know the typhhoon in HK, and you are the Dragon Air Crowd, right" the cost of not being able to confirm my seat on KA make uspay for the hotel ourself, and lost 2 hours in a bus detour. in this case all flights were canceled...not CA's fault

2. during the winter last year, every time we board the PEK-HKG flight we found us in a smaller equipment, with no F seat. So a lot of the folks complained. finally we learnt that our premier Chu and president Jiang were visiting "our friends all around the world" and had taken the 747 as their charter flight.....sure they wont travel with us, but we do share the same plane, and they do get the smell we mundane folks leave on the seats

oh...about EVA, it is a great airline, you could almost compare the service with CX/SQ...well take 10% discount...i got the chance to fly their B class when my CX flight from TPE-HKG was canceled due to the pilot strike..and it was great, and they serve Godiva chocolates

p

[This message has been edited by pegasus8228 (edited 01-04-2001).]

[This message has been edited by pegasus8228 (edited 01-04-2001).]