FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Optiontown experience on Malev
View Single Post
Old Sep 5, 2011, 12:59 am
ILS2

Programs: SAS Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG RA Spire
Originally Posted by skybluem
Hello! I would like to share my experience with Optiontown. Last June, booking MALEV I was contacted by Optiontown and applied to them for an upgrade to Business. I was finally upgraded from Economy Q to Business class while flying LCA-BRU (they were able to upgrade me only for LCA-BUD and BUD-LCA section) which anyway was a great surprise! I paid just 100 euro more for this. I got a notification for the upgrade 24 hours before the flight.Back then the ticket for Economy Q was almost 400 euro. With the upgrade I got all the benefits a business passenger gets. Lounge, points, even fast line permission while returning back to Larnaca at Brussels airport (even though for BRU-BUD section I was flying economy)!
Now, I'm thinking of applying again to Optiontown for the same flight in November (LCA-BRU) flying again with Malev. I haven't yet applied for it but I have a concern. This time my ticket was quite cheap, Economy T (for 231 euro) and I have my doubts whether with such a low cost ticket they can upgrade me to business and if it even worths to give it a try. For the moment they haven't yet contacted me but I'm thinking of applying myself through their website. Did anybody with such a low price ticket got an upgrade? I would appreciate to have your opinion on that or similar experience. Thanks!
You'll probably have a better chance of getting a good answer to your questions in the Other European Frequent Flyer Programs forum or the oneworld forum. This thread is for Optiontown on SAS operated flights.